Navigating living in Parallel RealitiesDec 27, 2021
Living in Parallel Realities
Continuing from yesterday's newsletter, let's zoom out and take a meta look at this "schizophrenia" playing out in society.
Below are 4 of the many polarities along which we are currently divided. Each of us has a unique viewpoint (I believe we are all aspects of the the Divine, of One Consciousness that is experiencing itself through the mind of each human - this is what I have gleaned in my nearly 44 years of spiritual seeking. You may see it differently!)
We each have a different viewpoint, and therefore our own reality gets created based on that viewpoint. This is how we are each living in a parallel reality.
Personally traumatized vs observed trauma at a distance
- We have a huge number of people traumatized personally by the events of the last 2 years. For some, 2020 was a living nightmare. Death of multiple loved ones, some from COVID, many in the normal course of events but they couldn't say goodbye. Lockdown. Loss of jobs. Loss of schooling. A year, or two of "cancellations" of everything that makes life worth living. This is one reality.
- We have a huge number of people who, while traumatized by what happened in the last 2 years, were not personally affected to the same extent. Remember, there are many who wrote about how lockdown allowed them time to read the classics they'd never had time for before. They listened to the birds in lockdown and enjoyed the rhythms of nature. A very different reality to the above group.
- Of course our worldview will be affected by what we personally have experienced. There are people who have endured unimaginable suffering. There are also more billionaires than we've ever had since Jan 2020. People who love working from home or their company restructured and they got paid out for a year while they reinvent themselves.
- We have all manner of variations between the two above groups - these are just two of the more extreme examples.
Terrified of change vs embracing of change
- We have people who are terrified of change. All they want is a "return to normal" or some semblance of normality. Even if normal was a bit crap, these people (often subconsciously) hold the view "rather the devil you know than the devil you don't." There's a part of all us of plugged into this reality because of course the unknown is scary. Trying to comprehend we've passed some tipping point, where there can be no return to normal, is terrifying. There are endless surveys on Linked in about "returning to work" and "hybrid models" as people try to make sense of what is coming. Multiple articles explain the epidemic of mental breakdown in lawyers throughout the industry. This isn't going to suddenly improve.
- We have another group embracing and advocating for change who hoped that the global crisis would provide humanity with a chance to look at the destructive effects of our modern industrialised society and choose to create new systems once things stabilized a bit. Some have used the "pause" to re-ignite their activism for various causes. They are running programmes for better care of the earth, planting gardens, reforestation projects, birthing entirely new schools and a million other inspiring projects.
- These are extremes, most of us are somewhere in this continuum. And in those advocating for change there are BIG discrepancies on what that change should look like.
I will fight for the right to connect vs I will fight for the right to freedom
- We have people whose highest value right now is connection. They have been deprived of trips to their loved ones, connection to society, hugs, celebrations, the rituals of life and death. For these people we must ALL take steps that will allow for re-connection with our loved ones. We differ on what these steps might be and the absolutely contradictory statements by authorities in every field from medical to legal are not helping us. Some who value connection are prepared to give up a significant chunk of their other rights, for the right to connect. If others' behaviour appears to threaten their "return to normal" or threaten the re-establishment of connection they become triggered.
- Others value freedom and sovereignty more highly and are not willing to give up the rights to bodily autonomy, right against unfair detainment, the right to freedom of movement, the right to freedom of opinion even if it means they will not be allowed to travel or see loved ones, in terms of current regimes being implemented in radical ways in democratic countries across the world. If other's behaviour appears to threaten their right to bodily autonomy or their right to work or right to freedom of opinion, they become triggered.
- These are extremes, most of us are somewhere in this continuum.
Fear of COVID vs fear of a New World Order
- We have people deeply fearful that COVID will continue to do the rounds and more and more people will die. To these people, while we wait to hear about the new pills for treating those ill with COVID, vaccination is the only answer we have at this time, even if the current ones do not prevent transmission of the virus or hospitalization, it's all we have to fight this virus. Choosing not to fight the virus is insane because then you obviously don't care about saving humanity and preventing further tragedies as we've experienced in the last 2 years. The majority of governments have adopted this line and are taking all steps necessary to enforce this belief. Criticism of those in this group is that they are "sheep" and must "wake up".
- We have people deeply fearful of a New World Order which they feel poses a far greater threat to humanity than the virus. These people say that if 99% of those who get the virus survive it, then the current levels of fear around the virus are not warranted. They point as evidence to the countries that did not impose lockdowns and mask mandates whose infection rates were no higher than those countries that did. They point to inconsistencies in official narratives "once double jabbed, you get your life back and do not need to mask", "once double jabbed, you do still need to wear a mask and socially distance yourself", "once triple jabbed you don't need to mask but can travel and must mask while travelling"; "all healthcare workers must be vaccinated"; "the jab mandate for nurses in Ontario has been withdrawn having looked at results in other jurisdictions". They refer to speeches and writing by people such as Klaus Schwab, founder of the World Economic Forum, Bill Gates and Stefan Oelrich, president of Bayer's Pharmaceuticals who said at the World Health Summit in August 2021 “We are really taking that leap [to drive innovation] – us as a company, Bayer – in cell and gene therapies … ultimately the mRNA vaccines are an example for that cell and gene therapy. I always like to say: if we had surveyed two years ago in the public – ‘would you be willing to take a gene or cell therapy and inject it into your body?’ – we probably would have had a 95% refusal rate,”. Criticism of this group is that they are "conspiracy theorists" and are "selfish fools" who "ignore The Science".
- Again most of us are somewhere along this continuum but I think this may be the one with the greatest polarity.
So here we are, all of us holding a bunch of different opinions, which we have elevated to the level of BELIEFS and which we now cling tightly to, and defend.
I would like to explore more deeply what it means to discover we are living in parallel realities but I think I need to focus on some paying work! I saw that ConvertKit has a new function called a tip jar, so maybe I'll figure out how to activate that for those who enjoy reading these newsletters. No doubt some will unsubscribe for mentioning "that which must not be named". But it's OK.
To recap: what we are seeing in the world reflects the collective consciousness of humanity. The external world is only a REFLECTION OR CREATION of what we hold in our minds.
Our beliefs divide us.
Our values unite us.
What values can we agree on during this time?
GRACE: Grace is giving something to someone who hasn’t earned it, doesn’t deserve it and yet we give it anyway.
The sanctity of human life
And if we can't agree on shared values, then...
How can I actively imagining myself inside the world of another to help me to navigate living in parallel realities?
Let us actively seek to understand how others are experiencing the world. Why they may be behaving as they do because they are actually living inside a different reality to us. The closest I've come to understanding this is in my marriage! My dear husband reminds me often that we are not looking at the world the same way! He is NOT looking around at our house as a long list of all the things that need fixing! I joke, but obviously for many of us marriage is where we encounter most often the fact someone is not experiencing what you are, despite them being right there at your side in the same physical reality.
Keep focusing on the AWAKENING. It IS happening.
But it is happening in waves and so right now only some are seeing what’s occurring.
As we awaken we start to see each other as spiritual beings having a human experience, not as “potential enemies”, “people waiting to screw us over” or “animals”. But in a thought system based on scarcity of resources we think we have to fight for our piece of the pie.
As we awaken we are starting to see that everybody is a sovereign being, an ego AND a soul with a unique set of circumstances.
"As you continue aligning your choices with the wisdom carried within you, please know the ebbing and flowing you see in the world is how the collective ego structure responds to the threat of evolutionary change."
Sending my love for a beautiful future unfolding right before our eyes,
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.